Wednesday, January 26, 2005

Walking through Walls and Conquering Demons

I am thinking about attending a writer's critique group in my area. However, I fear that if I let people critique my work as I write my chapters, I might get discouraged from too much “constructive” criticism and quit writing. My first and foremost goal is to get this first book written in full. Anything that could possibly detract from that goal has to be set aside. So I'm still debating.

The wall that holds me back is nondescript and blurry. Still, it’s there and it’s strong. I’m at the point now where nothing else matters but finishing the book. It doesn’t matter if the book sucks. It doesn’t matter if its not salable. What matters is that I break through this wall and finish it. After I’ve broken down that mysterious barrier, I can worry about revising, editing, rewriting. If I have to start all over and write it from scratch, so be it. The point is I will have conquered the demon that’s kept my works at bay for the last 6 years. That is what is important.

To conquering demons!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Free Web Site Counter

« ? Writer Blogs # »