Saturday, February 12, 2005

The Solitary Life

Writing is a rather solitary life, one which exists only in your mind. While there, you will find your companions to be your characters. Their problems become yours, their worries your headaches, their dilemnas your plot points to resolve. And although I long for more social contact at times, I do enjoy living in my character's world and seeing things through their eyes. It is the only time I can be a 27 year old man sailing on a ship across the ocean, or a 17 year old girl living in 1790's England.

Nonetheless, one does need to get out at times. I attended a writer's group today. It was okay. At other times, I chat online with other writers. That is fun too, but it would be even better if we could see each other in person. I long to be able to beam about as in Star Trek. Until then, though, I'll have to suffice with my electronic friends and the alternate universe of my characters.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Free Web Site Counter

« ? Writer Blogs # »