Monday, June 13, 2005

Going Back on My Word

My original intention was to write this book from beginning to end. Beginning to end. And half way though, when I realized that one of my premises was incorrect, I decided to finish it anyway and rewrite the beginning as an edit. I didn’t think anything could sway me from this persuasion; however, something has.

I’ve joined a small group of serious writers. One of the ways we will use our time is to critique each other’s work. The best way to do this is to start which Chapter 1 and go forward. But right now, my Chapter 1 is incorrect as it stands. One member of the group pointed out that, even though the story needs to be rewritten, some benefit could be gained by me in the others making comments about my style of writing. This is true; however, I think I will do myself a greater disservice by sticking with my “beginning to end” concept than I will by rewriting the beginning now and running it by this group. As a part of this group, we will be accountable to one another. Each of us will be up once a month to show what progress we have made. This in and of itself will motivate me to keep moving forward on the story.

In essence, whether I do it now or later, the rewriting needs to be done. Therefore, I’ve decided to take advantage of this group and have them help me see this book through from beginning to end. Beginning to end.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Free Web Site Counter

« ? Writer Blogs # »