Sunday, February 27, 2005

Going Forward

Well my novel is proceeding at break neck speed. I toy with the idea of going back and revising the beginning to incorporate my modified plot points. But I've decided the most important thing is to drive forward and finish the first draft--no matter how rough it is. Once that is complete, I will edit and revise to my heart's content.

That said, I'm 32,000 words in and moving strong. I'm all about action right now, dialogue too. I think I'll need to go back and put in some more character self-reflection, but that can be added later.

I also find myself creating a separate file of "don't forgets." Don't forget if they both take the ship, that leaves the houses unaccounted for. Don't forget she has a cast on her wrist that will need to be removed at some point. Don't forget about the mysterious key.

I bought a guide to enhancing your plots and whatnot. I think it looks interesting, but again, with this first novel, that may just be a diversion. I plan to write it out first and then go back and do major revising. With future novels this may not be necessary as I'm sure I will learn lots just writing this first one.

So forward I go!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Free Web Site Counter

« ? Writer Blogs # »