Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Half Way and Holding

I have reached the half-way point: 45,000+ words! Hurrah! And now I'm in a holding pattern. My couple will be traveling to America from England on a sailing vessel in the 1790's. Therefore I must learn about making that passage at that time, as well as about ships since I know very little. I've found a wonderful book about it and am also reading up on immigrant accounts. As soon as I have some knowledge before me, I will continue writing my story.

I am struggling a bit with an impulsive suicide attempt and wondering if its too melodramatic for my story. I think I can get away with it if I work up to it properly. Still, I hesitate to stretch the credibility of the story. I'd hate to have the reader say, "Oh, come on! This is a bit much, don't you think?"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Free Web Site Counter

« ? Writer Blogs # »