Monday, February 14, 2005

The Way Things Were

I plotted my novel in advance, seeing my characters actions and the scenes in which they lived clearly in my mind. Yet as they come to life on the page, they change, growing in ways I hadn't anticipated. In some instances, this conflicts with how I had seen them developing. In that way, I am as surprised as my reader as to how the story will end.

My damsel in distress is handling her situation much better than I had anticipated. She's stronger than I gave her credit for. It will be interesting to see how this affects the story overall. She is not the weak, broken-spirited creature I had envisioned, and this is good, because that would not have jived at all with the strong-willed woman she began as.

I'm up to 20,000 words at present. That's 1/5 of the way there! Onwards and upwards, as they say.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Free Web Site Counter

« ? Writer Blogs # »