Thursday, March 24, 2005

Runaway Storyline

I have a secondary character who is in need of a love interest. It took me awhile to come up with one, but when I did, that story took off like a bat out of hell (who came up what that expression anyway?) I had to reign myself back in to focus on my two main characters and their story, even though the other storyline was tugging on me like the naughty devil sitting on the other shoulder shouting “Temptation! Temptation!”

I haven’t decided yet if I’ll incorporate an abbreviated version of the secondary character’s storyline into this story, or perhaps make a sequel to this novel with his story; or, maybe I’ll do both.

Focus is the key for me to finish my story. And there are always sources tempting me away, especially when I’m in a skinny story spot (thin on plot).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Free Web Site Counter

« ? Writer Blogs # »