Thursday, February 17, 2005

Research and Rewriting

I am 30,000 words into my novel. I made the decision to do my research concurrent with my writing since I so dislike research. Well, that may or may not have been a good idea since my plot had a premise which turns out to be extraordinarily unlikely (i.e., impossible) in the time period it was set. That leaves me two options: (1) admit and rationalize the unlikelihood as part of the story in order to maintain authenticity, or (2) revise the plot. I chose the later.

The story between the two characters has not changed, only the back story has. I will still have to do a substantial amount of rewriting. However, I feel this revised plot is both more feasible and lends to a much better story.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Free Web Site Counter

« ? Writer Blogs # »